About Matt Pinsker
Matt C. Pinsker is a criminal defense attorney in Richmond, Virginia, as well as an Adjunct Professor at Virginia Commonwealth University, an author, and a constitutional scholar. He previously served the Commonwealth as a state prosecutor and magistrate, offering him unique insight from both sides of the legal aisle. An established expert in national security law and criminal justice, Pinsker was selected by the United States Armed Forces to serve as a Judge Advocate General (JAG), focusing specifically on Trial Defense Services.
Matt C. Pinsker is a lifelong Virginian and his ties to the Commonwealth run deep: After graduating Godwin High School in Henrico, Virginia, he then graduated from the College of William & Mary, in Williamsburg, Virginia, where he distinguished himself as a Sharpe Scholar. Pinsker began analyzing litigation trends and intra-criminal matters shortly thereafter with publications in multiple legal journals. He holds legal degrees from West Virginia University and George Washington University, and teaches Criminal Justice & Homeland Security Law for Virginia Commonwealth University.
- Certificate of Appreciation, US Army JAG Corps
- CALI Excellence for the Future, West Virginia University College of Law
- Pro Bono Service Award, West Virginia University College of Law
- Public Service Award, College of William & Mary
- Sharpe Scholar, College of William & Mary
- LLM, The George Washington University Law School
- JD, West Virginia University College of Law
- BA, The College of William & Mary
- High School, Mills E. Godwin in Henrico County, VA
Member, Virginia State Bar
Member, Henrico County Bar Association
- Ending the Military’s Courts of Criminal Appeals De Novo Review of Findings of Fact, Suffolk University Law Review, no. 1 volume 47, 2014.
- Google Glass, Cybersecurity, and the Erosion of Privacy through Emerging Technology, Criminal Law Bulletin, no. 5 volume 50, 2014.
- Issues in Domestic and International Law if the US President Unilaterally Orders an Air Strike on Iran’s Nuclear Facilities, W. Va Nat’l Security L. Rev., no. 1 vol. 1, 2012.
While Mr. Pinsker is prepared to appear on your behalf in any of Virginia’s courts, the ones listed below (in alphabetical order) are the top 10 he appears in most frequently:
- Greensville / Emporia
- Prince George
About Matt Pinsker Criminal and traffic Defense Attorney Richmond Virginia,
Covering Amelia County, Caroline County, Charles City County, Chesterfield County, Cumberland County, Dinwiddie County, Goochland County, Hanover County, Henrico County, King and Queen County, King William County, Louisa County, New Kent County, Powhatan County, Prince George County, Sussex County