Your Virginia Criminal Defense Attorney
Matt C. Pinsker is an award winning criminal defense attorney in Henrico and Virginia, as well as a former professor at Virginia Commonwealth University (VCU) where he taught Criminal Justice. He previously served as both a Federal Special Prosecutor and State Prosecutor as well as a Magistrate, offering him unique insight from all sides of a case. A nationally recognized expert in his field, he is regularly sought by the media for his insights and wrote a textbook in criminal justice used at universities across the nation. Matt Pinsker also served as a Captain in the US Army Reserves as a Judge Advocate General (JAG), and his assignments have included selection to the Army’s prestigious Trial Defense Services (TDS) and later served as an army prosecutor.
As a lifelong Virginian, Matt Pinsker’s ties to the Commonwealth run deep: After graduating Godwin High School in Henrico, Virginia, he then graduated from the College of William & Mary, in Williamsburg, Virginia, where he distinguished himself as a Sharpe Scholar. After earning his law degree from West Virginia University, Matt Pinsker became one of only a handful of attorneys who have gone on to earn a 2nd law degree, an LLM, this time from George Washington University, with a focus on criminal justice. After finishing school, he worked as a prosecutor and magistrate in Virginia prior to entering criminal defense.
- Certificate of Appreciation, US Army JAG Corps
- CALI Excellence for the Future, West Virginia University College of Law
- Pro Bono Service Award, West Virginia University College of Law
- Public Service Award, College of William & Mary
- Sharpe Scholar, College of William & Mary
- LLM, The George Washington University Law School
- JD, West Virginia University College of Law
- BA, The College of William & Mary
- High School, Mills E. Godwin in Henrico County, VA
- Member, Virginia State Bar
- Member, Henrico County Bar Association
As both a criminal defense attorney and a law professor, Matt C. Pinsker is nationally recognized as a leading scholar for his experience and insights in criminal justice.
- Homeland and National Security Law and Policy: Cases and Materials, Carolina Academic Press, 2017. This is a textbook used across the nation to tech criminal justice.
- Ending the Military’s Courts of Criminal Appeals De Novo Review of Findings of Fact, Suffolk University Law Review, no. 1 volume 47, 2014.
- Google Glass, Cybersecurity, and the Erosion of Privacy through Emerging Technology, Criminal Law Bulletin, no. 5 volume 50, 2014.
- Issues in Domestic and International Law if the US President Unilaterally Orders an Air Strike on Iran’s Nuclear Facilities, W. Va Nat’l Security L. Rev., no. 1 vol. 1, 2012.
Where We Defend
Amelia County, Caroline County, Charles City County, Chesterfield County, Cumberland County, Dinwiddie County, Goochland County, Hanover County, Henrico County, King and Queen County, King William County, Louisa County, New Kent County, Powhatan County, Prince George County, Sussex County